Need a unique touch to your Mardi Gras party? Easily customize place cards, cupcakes, beads, drink stirrers and everything else with these whimsical DIY pinwheels.
Removable Party Mount or Glue
PGG Foil Streamer (2" x 25ft)
1. First, cut out a square of the foil streamer. You can make sure the square is even by folding up one corner to make a diagonal, and using the straight edge as a guide.
2. Fold the other diagonal, and unfold the square.
3. Cut along each of the folds 3/4 of the way from corner to the center.
4. Place a small square of party mount (I cut one into 4 pieces for the right size) or a dab of glue in the center.
5. Bring one corner edge to the center, and press firmly. Repeat with the same corner edge all the way around.
6. Make more and start decorating!
Glue your pinwheels onto these basic green border placecards for a festive touch.
Create Mardi Gras cupcakes! These pinwheels make for cute food picks to top cupcakes; simply glue a pinwheel to the top of a toothpick.
Easily customize your own Mardi Gras Beads. Adhere a few pinwheels onto these blank disc beads.
Make fun Mardi Gras drink stirrers by attaching a pinwheel to the tops of some wooden paddle stirrers.