Creating a beautiful and professional-looking bow for the holidays or special occasions is much easier and faster than you think, all thanks to Deco Mesh. Deco Mesh is a type of soft plastic fabric mesh that is great for wreaths, garlands, Christmas tree decorating, gift wrap and much more. Plus, it holds its shape and is durable enough for outdoor decorating.
We used the Metallic Red/Lime Stripe roll. The only other supplies you will need are scissors and some craft wire or 2 pipe cleaners.
1. Form a loop at the end of the roll of 10 inch mesh. The first and center loop should be the smallest; this one is around 2 inches in diameter. Gather the loop into one hand, holding the bunched mesh between your thumb and index finger.
3. Repeat 3 more times. Continue making loops, going back and forth from both sides of your initial center loop. Each set of new loops should be larger than the previous ones you made. It really helps to have one hand hold the bow and the other gathering and forming loops.
3. Secure the bow by threading craft wire or a pipe cleaner through the loops you have been holding. Twist the wire tightly several times. Now you can trim the mesh.
4. For the bow tails, cut about a 3' length of the same 10" mesh. Start rolling it at the middle. This helps the mesh look fuller for the tails.
5. Attach the tails at the rolled center to the bow, going around where you secured the bow with wire. Use a pipe cleaner or craft wire to do this.
Now your bow is finished!
colors and patterns are available in the 10 inch deco mesh so you can create a bow for any occasion.
Don't be afraid to experiment with the size of the loops and the number of loops on your bow!
Browse our blog for other great tutorials using deco mesh. To watch a video on how to make a bigger bow with 21 inch wide Deco Mesh, click here.
All of the supplies used in this tutorial and other deco mesh products are available at MardiGrasOutlet.com