Supplies needed:(These supplies will make two topiary centerpieces with extra ribbon and striped Deco Mesh left over)
1-10 yard roll (21” wide) Red, White and Blue Striped Poly Deco Mesh
1- roll (2.5” wide) red poly mesh ribbon
1 -bag (48 pieces) Red, Silver and Blue Star Mardi Gras Beads
Wire garden topiary form
- Cut floral wire in 12" sections. For this topiary we used approximately 8 pieces of wire. You may need more or less depending on the height of your topiary form.
- Gather the end of the 21" wide red, white and blue striped poly mesh together.
- About 12" down from the end, fold over the mesh to form a loop.Gather this section together with the end piece. Wrap a piece of floral wire around these two sections securing them, to form a puffy loop.
- Attach this loop to the top of the topiary form by wrapping the attached floral wire around the top finial of the topiary form. Leave the wire ends poking out for now so you can attach additional ribbon and beads here later.
- Move down and around the topiary form bunching the mesh garland by gathering sections of mesh and attaching with floral wire. Leave all the wire wire ends poking out.
- Continue to bunch and gather the mesh down and around the form. The garland should be circling the form as shown.
- At this point the decorative mesh garland should be forming to the shape of your topiary form.
When you get to the bottom of the topiary form, attach the decorative mesh at the bottom with a piece of floral wire and cut the mesh about 12" out. Finish off the bottom with a second loop like the one on the top. Simply fold over the remaining 12" piece of mesh and wire it the end onto the topiary form. Leave the end wire pieces open.
- Using the 2.5" red mesh ribbon, make a double sided loop approximately 2 feet total.
- Cut the two ends of the loops to make three short pieces of ribbon.
- Gather up the center section of these three ribbons and attach to the top of the topiary with the floral wire you left open at the top. This red mesh ribbon creates a puff of accent color around the topiary.
- Continue to cut pieces of red mesh ribbon and attach them down the topiary form. Attach at each section that you have wire on the topiary form.
- Sort the assorted red, silver and blue Mardi Gras beads and pull out three beads, one in each color. Cut these 3 beads in one spot to make a long garland like section.
- Attach these star beads to the top of the topiary with the floral wire already there. Leave a small tail of beads dangling down on one end with a longer section that you will wrap around like garland.
- Move down the topiary form, wrapping the longer length of beads around the mesh. Attach the tail end of the beads to the next wire.
- Continue adding beads around the form as needed.When you are finished attaching the beads,wrap the remaining floral wire pieces to the center of the topiary form so they do not show.